WANGANUI RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION
Rugby Development Officer
One of our valued staff has been given an incredible opportunity to Coach in Japan, so we are seeking applications for the full-time position of Rugby Development Officer.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing programmes which will maximise the participation of players and coaches from primary up to representative grades. This role involves flexible hours – weekend and evening work and some travel.
We are committed to building on our position as one of the leading and most respected Heartland Unions in NZ and are looking for an amazing person to fit into our team.
Key skills and attributes we are looking for:
- An interest in athlete and coach development and knowledge of the principles of rugby in general.
- An ability to develop coaches and players at both junior and senior levels, is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in facilitating courses and meetings in a professional environment, is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in speaking to and leading groups of people in an educational setting, is desirable but not essential.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Good Computer skills and use of a variety of software applications e.g. Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
We are looking for someone with a sense of humor, positive can-do attitude and the ability to be creative, flexible and adaptable.
This is an ideal opportunity to share your passion and enthusiasm for the development of rugby in our region and be part of a great organisation.
This role will be based at Wanganui Rugby Football Union offices.
A full job description can be obtained by e-mailing the CEO, Bridget Belsham
To apply for this fantastic job opportunity please submit your confidential covering letter and CV to:
Bridget Belsham, CEO, Wanganui Rugby
Applications close – Friday 9th March 2018.