WANGANUI RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION
Referee Education Officer
Part-time Position (20 hours per week)
The Wanganui Rugby Football Union (WRFU) is seeking applications for a part-time REFEREE EDUCATION OFFICER to manage the development, promotion and implementation of initiatives that increase the recruitment, retention, training and education of Referees.
To achieve this aim, this position will be responsible for the delivery of training, resources and services along with promoting best practice to the Wanganui Rugby Referees Association, WRFU, Schools and Clubs, as well as providing education opportunities for Players, Coaches, Media and Fans in the Laws of the Game and the role of the Referee.
Ideally, Candidates would have experience in the following areas:
- Recognised Referee experience
- A background in sports administration
- An understanding of the game of rugby
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the Laws of the Game
- Proven relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to train Referees, Coaches, and Referee Coaches
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Presenting or facilitating at training workshops
We are looking for someone with a great sense of humor, positive can-do attitude, adaptable and shows initiative.
You must be able to work flexible hours (weekends and evenings) and be prepared to travel throughout the Wanganui region.
This is an ideal opportunity to share your passion and enthusiasm for the development of rugby in our region and be part of a great organisation.
A full job description can be obtained by e-mailing the CEO, Bridget Belsham
To apply for this fantastic job opportunity please submit your confidential covering letter and CV to:
Bridget Belsham, CEO, Wanganui Rugby
Applications close – 5.00 pm Friday 1 June 2018