Become a Ref
Want to become a referee?
Volunteering for rugby is a fantastic way to contribute to your community!
Refereeing rugby is an opportunity to stay intimately involved in our great game!
You can stay fit and enjoy lots of different rugby experiences. We will kit you out, appoint you and coach you in the sport of rugby refereeing.
If you are interested in becoming a referee in Whanganui, please contact the Whanganui Rugby Union by either flicking us an email on email@example.com or giving us a call on 06 3492313.
Alternatively, you can contact Matt Peters on the details below.
Referee Education Officer – Tyrone Kemp
027 222 6024
BY BECOMING A RUGBY REFEREE YOU CAN:
• Stay involved in the game
• Stay fit
• Experience new opportunities
• Meet new people
• Give something back to the game you love
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO START REFEREEING:
• All you need is a love of the game and a pair of boots
• You will be provided equipment from your local provincial union
• You are given specialised training both off and on the field
• A coach is available to monitor your performance and give you advice and support
THINKING ABOUT REFEREEING BUT ARE NOT TO SURE ABOUT IT?
You could try one of the following courses:
Registered Associate Referee
Designed for: Parents and coaches who want to help when no official referee is available
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Phone 027 222 6024
Course Content: Scrum safety, laws of the game, role of the referee, NZRU “RugbySmart” injury prevention
Application: You will be able to control “contested” scrums (for games at under 11 grade and higher)
Benefits: Basic referee training, introduction to the laws of the game, covered to referee by the NZRU indemnity insurance scheme
WHANGANUI RUGBY REFEREES’ ASSOCIATION
|Position||Name||E-mail- Address||Home Phone||Mobile|
|Administrator:||Mark Wilson||e-mail –||021 186 5576|
|CoC Delegate:||Kawana.Tihema||e-mail –||021 554 375||021 554 375|
|Appointments.Officer||Robbie Clark||e-mail –||022 341 2798|
|Referee Education Officer:||Tyrone Kemp||e-mail – click here||(06).349.2311||027 222 6024|
|Facilitator:||Barry Banks||e-mail –||022.366.0037|
Forms & Notices
Referee Report Forms (password required)
5. Form E – Report of Referee (Matches Called Off) (PDF Download Click Here)
6. Form F – BLUE CARD AND SERIOUS INJURY (Online Form Click Here)
7. Referee Abuse Form Click Here for PDF Download